Position is responsible for the development and management of the International market for the travel line.
- Interact daily with established GSA (General Sales Agent) IPP (International Preferred Partner) to develop new business or increase existing business. Achieve revenue goals and operate within budget parameters.
- Research and prioritize countries to be developed, based on known number of visitors to destinations, local economy and political stability.
- Develop sales and marketing guidelines for GSAs and IPPs. Ensure that updated information is supplied to accounts on a regular basis.
- Develop and approve annual marketing and sales programs with GSAs. Assist GSAs or IPPs with personal involvement at key presentation, trade shows or other events.
- Organize and develop training programs and educational FAMs, assist in selecting invitees and provide product training
- With approval and with involvement from PR Department, conduct press conferences and interviews for the international territories. Handle all PR in established foreign markets and assist with travel writers.
- Coordinate and oversee the timely shipping of international marketing materials.
- Provide GSAs and IPPs with advanced information on new itineraries and rates for future planning.
- Control co-op marketing support and ensure timely payment.
Previous experience working with partners or GSAs in International Business Market for Europe, Asia, South Pacific and /or Latin America.
Understanding of local customs
Strong understanding of world economy
Previous experience with international tourism marketing
Public relations experience
- Fluency in multiple languages an advantage