Reporting to the National Sales Director, the Regional
Sales Manager is responsible and accountable for
managing a team of Territory Managers, Territory Sales
Associates, and Point of
Care Representatives to meet/exceed sales quota through
profiling, targeting, training, needs analysis and
closing on targeted account customers consisting of
Health Care Professional (Endocrinologists, CDE’s), key
diabetes institutions and managed care organizations.
JOB / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The Regional Sales Manager is accountable for
consistently achieving regional sales objectives while
ensuring these sales are both profitable and within the
guidelines of Neighborhood Diabetes’ defined sales and
marketing practices. The position is responsible for the
leadership and development of Territory Managers,
Territory Sales Associates, and Point of Care
Representatives. The Regional Sales Manager works with
the TMs, TSAs, and POCs to maximize revenue by
introducing all facets of the company’s offered product
lines to previous, current and potential clients
including MDs, MAs, NPs and CDEs. This position will
bear the responsibility of correlating any professional
contact needed between the Field and the operational,
quality and/or customer service teams of Neighborhood
share within assigned Region.
- Meets/exceeds sales objective as well as market
Neighborhood Diabetes’ sales team as well as home
- Strong leadership and goal-setting ability.
- Work effectively and productively within the
office team environment.
care reimbursement process.
- Possesses a sound working knowledge of the managed
and account management.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of managed care
key diabetes decision makers and influencer within
- Develops and maintains superior relationships with
and expertise in discussing and demonstrating
- Consistently exhibits a high level of proficiency
Neighborhood Diabetes’ service as well as all
related diabetes products including competitive
products. Proven ability to train and lead Territory
Managers regarding Neighborhood Diabetes’ services
as compared to competition.
proficiency for working with data bases and
- Must possess very strong computer skills. Strong
developing business plans.
Managers, Territory Sales Associates, and Point of
- Ability to develop and retain new Territory
Care Representatives as needed.
- Facilitates and conducts all required customer
fashion and works within the specified budget.
- Completes all administrative duties in a timely
Associates, and Point of Care Representatives
- Ensures that all Territory Managers, Territory Sales
execute field sales and training activities with a
high degree of professionalism in accordance with
established promotional guidelines.
Knowledge / Education
- Minimum of five successful years in medical sales.
- Medical industry sales experience required.
- Field sales management preferred.
- Must possess strong leadership and sales business
contacts and written performance reviews.
- Ability to manage Territory Managers via field
Skills / Competencies
motivated and demanding sales team.
- Team-player with the ability to lead a highly
- Successful sales track record
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to create and execute a regional sales plan
- Ability to manage regional budget
- Ability to function in a fast-paced start-up
- Strong computer proficiency and data analysis
- Frequent business travel
- Must reside within the geographic area of the
Division/Department : Neighborhood Diabetes