POSITION: Regional Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
LOCATION: Omaha, NE or other Midwest city with
A global leader in the manufacture of steel poles used
in the electrical Utility transmission and distribution
industry has an opening for a Regional Sales Manager
(RSM) to serve customers and prospective new clients
within its Midwest territory. Reporting to the Director
of Sales of the business unit, the RSM will be
responsible for proactively providing sales and market
development direction and leadership for the assigned
territory, including sales and project strategies,
staffing the function, and customer development and
· Oversee the sales, business development, customer
relations, outside sales rep activities and engage in
"hands-on" activities in each of these areas as
required. Assist in planning and ensure the effective
execution of business unit sales and market development
strategies for assigned territory.
· Manage assigned manufacturing reps for positive,
credible, and energetic leadership.
· Proactively provide training on company products and
· Provide timely sales and business development
projections and reports for assigned territory to
· Keep business unit management appraised on sales and
market development issues and performance in a timely
manner so these issues can be addressed expeditiously.
· Ensure soundness and maintenance of key customer
relationships and business.
· Interpret sales and market trends in assigned
territory and make recommendations that focus on cost
reduction, profit improvement, and continuous
improvement. Clearly articulate and explain
· Assist in the preparation and monitoring of sales
budget and address variances and other budget related
issues for assigned territory.
· Propose policies and procedures to improve sales and
marketing efforts and efficiency.
· Ensure compliance with all company policies and
· Bachelor's degree, preferable in engineering.
· Minimum 3-5 years utility transmission industry
experience, and sales or market development experience.
· Experience and existing relationships with top
industry Utility companies (i.e. Southern California
Edison, PG&E, Arizona Public Service, etc.).
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the
· A successful sales or market development record,
developing and managing clients, managing customer
service and contract administration activities,
preparing sales forecasts, analyzing industry and market
trends and acting as the focal point for insuring that
sales and marketing objectives are accomplished on time
and within budget.
· Track record of building support and credibility with
all levels of employees.
· High energy level and enthusiasm with the ability to
focus on agreed recommendations and results.
· Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
Strong diplomatic and listening capabilities.
· Current computer skills.
· Action-oriented with bias for action and results.
Pioneering spirit, likes new challenges, creates from
scratch, improves existing conditions or systems.
· Takes initiative, develops and implements creative and
effective solutions to key problems. Strives for
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Base salary $100,000 with bonus compensation of 15%,
payable up to 3X based on performance. Full benefit
Perfect World Search - 4 months ago