Are you seeking a rewarding and exciting career opportunity in Fire Protection Sales? Are you fluent in Spanish? Does the opportunity to spearhead an enterprise in a growing international region appeal to you?
Come join the team of a rapidly growing international manufacturer of commercial fire alarm product! Fike Corporation has an exciting career opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager within our Facilities Protection Business (Unit). This position is responsible for conducting business in Central and South America and the Caribbean Islands . Due to business needs of this position, candidate should reside in Houston, greater Texas market, Phoenix, or South Florida.
As a Regional Sales Manager, the qualified individual will generate sales of custom fire alarm system solutions ranging from conventional smoke detection and monitoring systems to multi-building and networked analog addressable fire detection, alarm and emergency communication systems. The qualified individual will assume responsibility for developing sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America by making sales and product presentations, providing assistance to existing distributors and recruiting new distributors as well as developing relationships with engineers, designers and specifiers. In addition, will build rapport with "end users" as prospective sales leads for distributors and/or future corporate "direct sales/key accounts" prospects. Additional responsibilities include the introduction and promotion of new products lines and evaluating market potential for those product lines.
Successful candidates for this position will possess:
Preferred: A basic understanding of NFPA Codes and Standards and other related code requirements is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical, Marketing, or Business field or equivalent technical, sales, or marketing experience.
- Five years related sales experience in commercial fire/safety Industry.
- Bilingual – must be fluent in Spanish.
- Ability to travel to international locations (50% of time).
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must possess excellent communications skills and exchange information with others clearly and concisely, ability to present ideas, facts and some technical information.
- Ability to translate customer/end-user applications/problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of Fike and/ or competitor products.
- Must be capable of working with a high degree of personal discipline.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Fike offers a competitive benefits package including: comprehensive Medical & Dental plans, company paid life insurance, 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, education assistance program, EAP, and on-site fitness center. No relocation assistance provided.
Refer to Job # 2012.17. To be considered for this position, an application must be completed by 04/08/2012. Please follow the prompts below to complete an on-line application.