Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue, margin and other sales objectives in his or her assigned market.
- Generates a pipeline of new business by evangelizing the business' vision, value and solutions throughout his or her territory.
- Consults, nurtures, negotiates and closes contracts, meeting or exceeding annual quotas.
- Produces win-win engagements that deliver profitable revenues and best possible outcomes to both the business and client. Incumbent will own specific territories and/or strategic accounts from which new business must be harvested by executing reportable, measured strategies and tactics.
- Must possess the skills, experience and composure to engage, consult and facilitate new business involving high-level executives and managers, including: university presidents and chancellors, provosts, deans, and academic and administrative leadership.
- Efficiently and self-reliantly develops quality leads in target markets.
- Must develop a network of contacts and leads that speeds sales cycles.
- Develops executive-level business opportunities by analyzing a prospect's goals, mission, position, academic program and financial data, technology and organizational state, in order to successfully earn senior-level attention and commitment to partnership.
- Converses with prospects to gather critical, and sometimes sensitive information, acting as a trusted advisor having integrity, knowledge and drive.
- Understands and represents the business' expertise and unique solutions, to ensure each sales opportunity is a fit, and the partner shares, learns and co-owns agreement and execution of a win-win relationship.
- Understands a client's decision process and timeframes, financial position and nuances, and its academic and institutional missions.
- Adept at managing a decision process involving many stakeholders and influencers.
- Understands and can articulate the unique value the partnership delivers, prerequisites to engage and succeed, and the costs & benefits.
- Formulates, produces or responds to complex proposals, RFPs and RFIs, leveraging internal experts according to a sales process.
- Writes and presents proposals.
- Authors well-written executive summaries that describe at the "executive level" the goals we are addressing, a superior approach to the goal and the risks and rewards.
- In RFP situations, manages the preparation process and quickly learns how to properly answer requests with moderate to minimal assistance from internal experts.
- In "Solutions-Driven" situations, can present the business case in executive level terms and style.
- Presents the Colloquy story professionally, and articulates the value of the proposed solution.
- Qualifies and advance new business through early stages of the sales lifecycle with moderate assistance from leadership and modest involvement of internal experts.
- Adheres to the expected use of a CRM, to personally plan and execute telephone, e-mail, and appointment activities, as well as personally producing complete, accurate and timely forecasting and sales status reports.
- Acquires and maintains a fundamental understanding of a competitive company's technologies and solutions.
- Articulates Colloquy's unique value in comparison of competitor's strengths and weaknesses.
- Professionally utilizes that knowledge to penetrate accounts and win business.
- Professionally closes sales opportunities at a profitable margin as outlined by management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ yrs in regional sales management
- Track record of successful quota attainment
- History of meeting or beating quotas involving complex, high value services and/or technology engagement
- Proficient in the use of CRM and office software; MS Office
- Punctual; excellent time managment
- Able to maintain and develop positive team cohesiveness
- Able to understand and follow rules and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Values constructive feedback
- Travel up to 50%
- 3+ yrs sales experience in higher education
Kaplan - 17 months ago
Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which help...