About Percona |
Percona makes MySQL more valuable to customers and the community. Our MySQL Consulting, Support, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services as well as open source MySQL software help people achieve breakthrough results with MySQL.
Our MySQL Consulting and Support teams are in a class of their own. Our expertise is visible in our widely read MySQL Performance blog and our book High Performance MySQL. We also create and maintain the oldest independent version of the MySQL database server (Percona Server), the only open-source hot backup solution for MySQL (Percona XtraBackup), and many more uniquely valuable software tools such as Percona Toolkit for MySQL users.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Work from home, with some required travel. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that°s changing the industry.
Percona is the oldest and largest independent MySQL support and consulting company with a global, 24x7 staff of nearly 100 serving more than 1,800 customers in 50+ countries since 2006.
Percona is seeking sales representatives to join our team to help us increase and expand our services in the Bay Area. If you value providing clients with great products and quality customer service, Percona is interested in you.
As a Regional Support Sales Representative, you will be responsible to plan, develop, and execute marketing efforts within the Silicon Valley. . The goal of these efforts will be to increase Percona°s customer base and generate support sales while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Initiating and executing sales transactions to prospective client base within defined geographic territory
- Qualifying and electronically updating all leads and contacts assigned to Sales Executive on a daily basis.
- Application of time management skills in order to coordinate sales activities to appropriate territorial time zone.
- Conducting professional sales calls via telephone
- Effectively conducting and managing sales cycle including, but not limited to: Qualification for technical business fit; Evaluation process; Contract process; Closing transaction.
- Effectively and concisely educating potential clients and partners on the value of Percona services
- Maintaining consistent, self-directed sales outreach
- Meeting or exceeding defined sales goals
- Meeting required information input deadlines.
- Actively participating in departmental sales calls, meetings, etc.
- Proven track record of generating sales from telephone sales and field sales
- 4 year degree from an accredited university/college or equivalent education, training and experience
- 4+ years sales experience
- Telephone sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Self motivated with independent work skills
- Strong organizational skills
Percona provides pay-as-you-go, prepaid and retainer-based consulting to create or scale applications built on the full LAMP stack (Linux,...