The Regional Scientific Manager is responsible for identifying and fostering relationships with national, regional, and local practitioners and researchers within a specified territory. This individual is responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development.
PLEASE REFER TO JOBCODE 11712 WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
Education and/or Experience: :
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
- Generates tactical plans to provide needs-based, value-added services.
- Identifies, establishes, and maintains clinical and scientific relationships with Opinion Leaders in both academic and community settings.
- Acts as primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated studies.
- Provides clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions in academic, community and healthcare provider setting in both group and one-on-one situations.
- Selects appropriate practitioners for medical education opportunities and site selection for clinical trials.
- Provides accurate and balanced responses to practitioner and researcher questions.
- Participates in advisory boards and assists in Speaker Training.
- Provides medical and scientific support for medical education initiates.
- Provides relevant medical and scientific support for healthcare providers, third-party payers and other managed care audiences.
- Delivers quality medical education presentations to Grand rounds, disease state meetings, hospital, managed care and national accountants (pharmacoeconomic and scientific data).
- Participates and leads internal advisory groups and project teams.
Supervisory Responsibilities: :
- Master's degree in clinical or life sciences (MSc, MSN, etc.) required.
- PharmD, MD or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years in Medical Science Liaison (MSL) role or relevant clinical practice setting.
- Prior experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Prior experience with neurology preferred.
- An established track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare profession.
- Current working knowledge of US legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to industry interactions with health- care professionals.
- Maintains clinical expertise through education including attendance at relevant symposiums, scientific workshops, preceptorships and review of key journals.
- Knowledge of treatment guidelines, clinical research processes and FDA regulations preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations::
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Valid driver's license.
Other Skills and Abilities: :
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Highly effective teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to work across numerous scientific disciplines.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of ethical and compliance standards.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively to medical community and related foundations/organizations; able to convey complex scientific ideas fluently to any audience and to tactfully provide scientifically sound, constructive feedback to national, regional, and local practitioners, researchers and speakers.
- Actively listens to others and is adept at confidently stating expert opinion while respecting the position of others – can exert diplomacy while standing firm on a position.
Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester
Physical Demands: :
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work Environment: :
- This position requires extensive travel; the average travel for this position is 50-70% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.