Postal/Zip Code: 77048
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete and plastic products in the United States. our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality and service in cutting edge ways.
**This position can be based in Houston, TX or San Antonio, TX**
Oldcastle Precast is currently seeking a Regional Structural Engineer . This position will involve performing engineering designs in support of estimates, submittal packages and production of precast products throughout Oldcastle Precast’s Texas region.
- Work with Engineering Manager and CAD Operators in support of sales and production
- Support installation of engineered products in the Texas region
- Work on various engineering projects in support of sales as well as continuous improvements in manufacturing, process, shipping, handling and installation
- Prepare calculations and drawings for precast products
- Work with the Quality Control Department to ensure precast products are manufactured in accordance with Oldcastle’s Quality Control Program.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in concrete design (precast experience a strong plus)
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, and be able to perform structural concrete designs
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs, including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Products, Mathcad, RISA 2D, RISA 3D, or other finite element software
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Ability to interact with customers, manager, engineers, drafters and other employees to resolve engineering and management related issues
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...