Division: Production & Supply
Function: Indirect Procurement
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Logistics, Sub-Category Manager, Procurement
Job ID: 4982
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with 28,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to one purpose: bringing plant potential to life. We contribute to addressing some of the planet’s most critical issues such as the rising demand for food from a growing population.
Working for Syngenta offers you the opportunity to play a part in addressing one of the most urgent challenges facing global agriculture today where we need to feed 200,000 more people every day.*
Come be part of our good growth plan: one planet, six commitments:
Make crops more efficient, rescue more farmland and help biodiversity flourish; empower smallholders, help people stay safe and look after each worker. * Our work matters.
There has never been a better time to join Syngenta!
Procurement Business Partner will support Logistics business function in North America
- BP will work closely with the Logistics business partners to ensure that Logistics requirements are clearly understood, appropriately challenged, and taken account of in the Procurement strat-egy
- Establish close working relationships with the Category Manager to ensure that Category/Sub-Category strategies are developed and fully deployed in the function
- By developing and maintaining close working relationships with the various business partners will ensure that Indirect Procurement is able to deliver significant savings to the P/L on a consistent and sustainable basis
- Provide tailored Procurement solutions for Logistics where the business requirements cannot be met by a Category/Sub-Category strategy or existing buying channel
- Act as an ambassador of Procurement and be a champion in the function for all Procurement policies, processes and tools, fostering teamwork and cohesion among all team members and BPs.
- Financial: Procurement spend controlled: up to $200m
- People: No of direct reports: 0, No of indirect reports: 0
- Ensure the deployment of Logistics Procurement strategies within Logistics together with the Category Manager and other colleagues within Logistics
- Ensure the alignment of the Logistics procurement BP and Logistics operations teams to ensure the savings/benefits associated with the deployment and leveraging of strategies are fully real-ized in the function
- Be a face of procurement to the Logistics Operations team, ensuring they are aware of and ac-tively support procurement policies, processes and tools in the and ensuring that Indirect Pro-curement is fully aware of the challenges, opportunities, and priorities of Logistics Operations
- In cases where the business requirement cannot be covered by an existing procurement channel or Logistics strategy, together with the Regional Category Manager, team colleagues, design and execute tailored (custom) solutions, to include running sourcing events, supplier evaluation and selection, contracting, and appropriate contract management on an on-going basis
- Ensure $Bank pipeline is used consistently throughout the function and that it is accurate and able to drive the delivery of targets, ensuring current rules are followed and utilized in dollar bank calculations
- Work closely with functions finance management and SBS to embed joint processes and handle escalations from teams within the function
- Ensure that Logistics Indirect Procurement is fully compliant with all relevant policies and proc-esses
- Promoting Indirect Procurement achievements
- Deliver the agreed savings within the function ensuring no adverse impact on quality and time re-quirements
- Supplier Relationship Management, timely execution of Global and regional strategies, working closely with Regional Logistics Procurement Manager and BPs to insure the highest level of ser-vice and value is being achieved through proper segmentation and alignment of suppliers.
- Develop a monthly and quarterly “State of Logistics” report utilizing internal and external re-sources to insure all stakeholders have a fact based understanding of the current state of Logis-tics within the region to include critical factors that will impact our operations and procurement strategies
- Delivery of savings and cost avoidance within the Logistics procurement category.
- Analytics: complete support to the logistics procurement function by analysing proposals and pulling necessary data to validate savings, costs, and future opportunities within the category
- Identify business opportunities for savings and efficiencies, identify the associated risks and develop plan mitigation steps to manage the risks
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge of Logistics Procurement
- Clear understanding of costs associated with serving the customer in order to gain the best benefit for the organization
- In depth knowledge of internal purchasing policies, procedures and processes
- Good understanding of Category Management approaches and techniques
- Capability in leading the implementation of strategies
- Leadership of procurement projects
- Cross-cultural understanding
- Good understanding of how to influence and sell internally while mainaining a high level of mutual respect between BPs and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Comparative analysis
- Business Case validation
- Developing partnerships based on business acumen
- Proactive business challenge and analysis (including risk)
- Good communication and presentation competencies
- Good stakeholder management
- Ability to establish and manage relationships with internal clients which drive the Syngenta and procurement strategy
- Strong ability to influence peers while maintaining a solid BP relationship
- 5 plus years operations experience in the Transportation or Warehousing sector
- Relationship management experience either internally or externally at middle management / leadership level
- Strong procurement experience with demonstrated success
- Strong business acumen
- College Degree, Business, Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Manages for performance
- Focuses on customers, both internal and external
- Collaborates across boundaries
- Critical thinking
- Business acumen with clear financial understanding
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
- Regular regional travel will be required.
Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participate in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets. All such IP is and remains the sole property of Syngenta.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...