Regional Supervisor of Music and Gospel Arts
Music/fine arts programs are developed and implemented that meet the needs of children and adults alike. As a result:
• Corps based music programs are expanded.
• Development and promotion of live music to be used in worship services will occur.
• The Gospel will be shared and communicated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Promote the training of music and gospel arts groups at the Corps level. This may include but is not limited to, regular Corps visits, music schools, seminars, and workshops.
2. Based on an evaluation of assigned sites, propose and implement new programs for both training and worship outlets at the Corps level.
3. Ensure effective management of department website, working with the Divisional Web Marketing Manager and the Graphic Artist in the Development and Communications Department.
4. Promote and implement growth and connection between school and Corps programs so that opportunities for “bridging” occur.
5. Provide onsite support for three Corps that includes band, chorus, piano, guitar etc. as directed by the DMD and as requested by the CO.
6. Provide leadership and direction to groups for special events, (youth councils, camps, etc.) as directed by the DMD.
7. Provide leadership in the planning and administration of Music Camp, Junior Music Camp, and Conservatory as directed by the DMD. This will include but not limited to:
• Recruitment and selection of staff
• Organization of curriculum, schedules etc.
• Promotion of the camp
8. Serve on the Divisional Music Committee.
9. Lead Divisional Ensembles (MYB and Chorus) as assigned.
10. Assist with the hosting of visiting musical groups as directed by the DMD.
11. Provide guidance and direction to Corps leaders with regards to resources/music/materials etc.
12. Identify and develop future local leaders in the fine arts genre.
13. Lead Divisional Music Days/workshops etc. as assigned by the DMD.
14. Support territorial events such as CMI, Worship Arts Retreat, as requested and approved by the DMD, DC, and Territorial Music Secretary.
15. Assist with the organization of special events and ensembles as needed.
16. Organize and implement office responsibilities as related to the department, this shall include, but not limited to, music library and equipment inventory.
17. Attend department meetings as directed by the DMD or the Divisional Secretary for Program.
18. Assist with seasonal activities and engagements as directed by the DMD.
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively the outcomes of this position are achieved, as well as the timeliness and completeness of accomplishing assigned goals and objectives.
This position reports to the Director of Music and Gospel Arts and is supervised on site by the Regional Director of Music and is part of the Program Department for the Metropolitan Division.
This individual relates to, and interacts with, a wide range of contacts both within and outside the Salvation Army including consistent interaction with Corps Officers and members. In these contacts, this individual acts as a representative of the Army and its mission.
In conducting the duties of this position, this individual will not fail to accurately represent the mission or teachings of The Salvation Army.
The individual shall not fail to keep the Director of Music and Gospel Arts for the Metropolitan Division informed of all critical issues relating to his/her area of responsibility.
The individual not commit resources which have not been allocated or approved.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is required to do some physical work related to the duties of this position description. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to utilize a PC, provide musical direction and instruction. The work environment for this position includes an office and performance environment with an average to loud noise level.
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Music, preferably with an emphasis in Music Ed. Public school teaching experience is desired.
Proven ability to organize and lead music groups.
A valid driver’s license.
A strong personal commitment to the full mission of The Salvation Army.
A passion for music ministry, both outreach and internal development, as an essential part of the church.
A person of mature faith that is able and willing to effectively communicate belief and faith to others.
An interpersonal style that engages people from diverse backgrounds and builds understanding and trust.
A self-starter who has the demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects, priorities and programs in a constantly changing environment.
A communication and management style that is responsive as well as fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
A personal knowledge of music including performance, education and theory.
An understanding of music ministry, especially within the context of the Army’s history, mission, and structure, as well as a familiarity with other expressions of Gospel Arts.
Effective written and oral communication skills, especially in public presentations.
NPO.net - 4 months ago