The Regional Support Specialist provides administrative support to the Regional Administrative Assistant while reporting to the Regional Vice President Kmart stores. The position uses broad and comprehensive knowledge of store and company operations, policies and procedures in performing a variety of routine and non-routine duties.
- Gathers and compiles a series of collectable information designated by the Regional Admin. Monitors identified metrics providing all necessary follow up to any outliers
- Assembles and distributes daily all designated reporting and information to the field support team. Prepares materials from very rough drafts into final materials.
- Supports District managers and Stores with basic Human Resource administrative functions, such as but not limited to Salaried status change notices, Promotional increase requests, Hourly to salaried promotional requests and Unemployment information requests
- Answers telephones, handles inquiries and/or transfers calls to the appropriate party.
- Answers mail and inquiries on own initiative, follows up with other business units to ensure requests are carried out.
- Manages routine administrative processes for the department which may include: ordering supplies, processing travel expenses, processing payments, and researching charges to department budget.
- May be asked for assistance with non-routine duties as needed by management.
Education Requirements: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 1-2 Years
Travel Requirements: None
- Advanced level proficiency with a personal computer and Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn other systems may be required.
- Superior communication skills: verbally and in writing.
- Able to act as the representative of the Regional Administrative Assistant in various situations. Deal with others courteously and professionally, even in difficult situations.
- Able to balance many, and sometimes conflicting, priorities. Keep deadlines straight and manage workload to business needs.
- Maintains confidentiality when necessary; can judge situations that require discretion and acts confidentially even when not specifically directed.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of departmental and company operations, policies, and procedures or the ability to become knowledgeable in an appropriate period of time.
Sears - 2 years ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...