UALR Functional Title
Regional Support Specialist Fayetteville / P98173
The Regional Support Specialist is responsible for the coordination and delivery of training materials for the Academy including New Staff Training for Family Service Workers, Foster/ Adopt PRIDE training, CHRIS Training, and Continuing Education Training. This position assists in training site logistics, correspondence to participants, and preparation of post training reports and certificates. The Regional Support Specialist is directly responsible to the Regional Team Leader. All MidSOUTH positions are funded through grants or contracts and are renewed on an annual basis, continued employment is contingent on funding.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the completion of all site support activities related to the delivery of FSW , CHRIS , Foster/Adopt PRIDE and continuing education training.
- Compose, type, and edit various documents including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, narratives, minutes from regional team meetings, and training materials.
- Prepares and assists in the preparation of all materials required for training delivery.
- Responsible for creating and/or record-keeping for all site related purchasing, travel supplies, photocopying, postage and other audit requirements of the program in conjunction with the MidSOUTH resources manager.
- Responsible for EventsPro training data management.
- Act as office receptionist by greeting and directing visitors, screening calls, responding to routine questions, and making referrals to other sources of information.
- Serves as the site liaison with IT staff related to equipment maintenance issues.
- Manages the site resource library.
- Supervise extra labor staff (where applicable).
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Occasional in-state and overnight travel will be necessary.
- Work outside of normal working hours may be required to meet deadlines and to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to maneuver up and down stairs and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional 2010; Windows 7, and EventsPro training management database system.
Required Education and/or Experience
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field; plus three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field or formal education equivalent of a high school diploma and three years of experience in specialized or a related field to work performed is preferred.
Experience using inventory systems and working with UALR and state purchasing and travel regulations is preferred.
Background Check Requirements
02 - Criminal/Sex
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Frequently, Kneeling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Daily, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Standing for long periods of time: Frequently, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Moderate Distances; Daily
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and sex offender registry background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 14 months ago