Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 20 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
Job Summary :
This is an opportunity for a Manager level sales leader to join our management team and be responsible for driving significant sales growth in Masimo’s acute care Sales division. This individual will lead a team of Account Sales Managers selling Masimo’s suite of Acute Care monitoring solutions to hospitals and health systems within an assigned region. In addition, this position will be responsible for further developing and building senior level client relationships, launching strategic sales initiatives and accurately track and forecast revenue.
Reporting Relationships :
This job reports to: Area Sales Vice-President. Reporting directly (or indirectly) to this position are the following job titles: Account Manager, Strategic Account Manager positions.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Position requires the individual to provide a high degree of leadership and direction to assigned regional Sales Representatives in compliance with Masimo policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring the Annual regional sales volume objectives are obtained or exceeded. The Regional Vice President coordinates and directs the work activities of assigned Sales Representatives and is responsible for continued training and development of these individuals.
The Regional Vice President is responsible for driving competitive conversion and the generation of new business sales for their Region. The Regional Vice President commits to an annual sales plan, writes specific objectives and forecasts orders and expected revenue on a monthly basis. The Regional Vice President must develop excellent product knowledge and an awareness of market conditions, must report on his/her activities weekly and must represent the company in keeping with the highest standards of business ethics and professionalism. In addition, special attention should be given to teaching sales representatives product, clinical and competitive knowledge, Spin Selling, Strategic Selling as well as sales funnel management and overall territory organization skills.
Prin AAccountabilities :
- Develop objectives for each of the Sales Representatives in the Region.
- Attain or Exceed yearly revenue and deal profit objectives for the Region
- Work with other Masimo functional groups to develop strategies and tactics that ensure success and meet the company’s objectives.
- Develop a sales plan for the Region to meet identified goals. Work with each of the Sales Representatives so that they can develop plans for their respective territories.
- Review the FOV/eFunnel accounts with each Sales Representatives on a weekly cadence call and reinforce on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Work with each person to modify their plans accordingly so that they can meet agreed upon objectives and forecasts.
- Review the Region's results on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and discuss with the Area Vice President. Modify plans and strategies accordingly so that agreed upon objectives can be met.
- Work with each Sales Representative, Marketing, Corporate Accounts, Finance and other Care Area Departments supporting their activities to develop sales strategies for key accounts, large sales objectives and major competitive conversions.
- Provide the leadership, and motivation necessary for the Sales Representatives to meet their own and the Region’s objectives.
- Develop proficiency in clinical/technical knowledge, applications, strategic and tactical sales skill and competitive product knowledge.
- Provide for the training and development of each Sales Representative. Evaluate their needs, set joint objectives and develop a plan to provide the training and coaching required.
- Operate within the approved region’s expense budget for the fiscal year.
- Communicate to employees the responsibilities of conducting themselves in a professional manner as company representatives and the importance of maintenance and protection of Company assets.
- Recommend changes in the Sales Force to the Area Vice President in number of disposition, promotion, termination and salary adjustments, as necessary, to meet goals.
- Recommend developments or updates of policies and procedures to Area Vice President as required.
- Develop the sales force to communicate and to be aware of market and competition activities, business conditions and new product needs.
- Attend and assign necessary sales force personnel to attend trade shows and conferences, communicating specific objectives of their attendance.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with key customers.
- Submit accurate and timely reports regarding expenses, activities, results, market position, and forecasts.
- Present Masimo’s Value Proposition to Executive Leaders in the Hospitals in your region.
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven success hitting sales goals in a high growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to attract, retain, and drive high caliber sales talent
- Minimum 5 years successful selling experience in a Sales Management role with a healthcare organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in and across teams; must possess strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills with ability to articulate complex and key concepts to multiple types of decision makers
- Highly organized and self-motivated with both a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated customer advocate and team player
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated success and experience selling in complex sales environment with multiple contact points.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and absorb clinical and technical advancements in Health Care.
- Must possess outstanding strategic and tactical selling skills with demonstrated ability to apply in complex selling environments and be able to teach.
- Must possess the ability to create needs with customers and lead a team effort in presenting Masimo solutions.
- Must possess the ability to coach and mentor Sales Representatives to find and develop Masimo Clinical Champions (VCCC) during the sales process.
- Must have high level of integrity, outstanding self-motivated work ethic and possess a broad business perspective with excellent administrative and organization skills.
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving abilities with the ability to lead a selling team in large opportunities.
- Must be results oriented with a positive "can do" attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Experience calling on administration and presenting “vision presentations”; conceptual in nature.
- Comfortable in high visibility situations and exhibits strong self-confidence and excellent listening communication skills.
- Must be PC literate, have excellent organizational, communication, writing, and project management skills.
- Must be accustomed to a heavy travel schedule and overnight stays.
- Proven competency selling new technologies that require a change in clinical processes in the Health Care Field
Bachelor’s Degree required with Strong undergraduate and/or graduate academic credentials preferred
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works outside of a traditional office environment, making frequent customer sales calls on a daily basis. Frequent domestic and local travel is a major job component, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required. It also requires frequent driving, sitting, standing and walking. May stand for extended periods when facilitating customer meetings or walking in the facilities. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is proud to be an EOE, M/F/D/V, and we value and are committed to Diversity at every level.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE*** Thank you!
Masimo - 14 months ago
As important as the blood running through your veins is the oxygen it carries. Masimo knows that and makes tools that monitor arterial...