Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry’s largest healthcare provider in 700+ facilities and 1000+ physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
Interviews patients or their representatives, and enters accurate information onto appropriate forms and into the computer system. Collects appropriate co-payments, and obtains signatures and escorts patients to destination if required.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information.
· Bed-side registration performed utilizing carts/computers on wheels
· Ensure charts are completed and accurate
· Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
· Calculate and collect patient liable amounts
· Ensure that all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments
· Answer any questions and explains policies clearly
· Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
· Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
· Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and biographical information with insurance and financial information
· Assign I-plans accurately and research Patient Visit History to comply with the Medicare 72 hour rule
• Other duties as assigned
Required Job Qualifications include:
· Must be able to work a flexible shift, including nights, weekends, and holidays**
· Must demonstrate proficiency in basic computer skills for data entry; typing skills required
· Must possess effective professional interpersonal skills able to communicate effectively on the phone, in person and in writing with patients, patient's parents, visitors, employees and providers.
· Demonstrated history of excellent service skills as exhibited by courtesy, cooperative spirit and tact when interacting with employees, patients and visitors.
· Able to work as a member of a team.
· Able to perform more than one work related task simultaneously.
· Able to sit for long periods of time, stand, lift up to 25 pounds, use a keyboard, headset, reach, and perform fine motor tasks such as writing and filing
· Must perform basic mathematic calculations, balance and reconcile figures
· ·Must be punctual and dependable with a willingness to learn new tasks and incorporate them into daily routine.
· 1-year experience in a health care setting or position as receptionist or cashier with high volume personal contact with the public is highly desirable.
· Able to attend two weeks paid training Monday- Friday, 8-5pm approximately
· Must have reliable transportation*
** PRN Registrar with minimum requirement to work 40 hours per schedule (schedules are 4 week periods), 4 holidays per year, and 6 weekends on call per year
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE),Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
HCA Inc - 8 months ago
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital is truly downtown San Antonio’s most comprehensive hospital, providing a wide-range of health care...