The Associate Registrar position is responsible for all student academic and attendance record keeping. This position includes compiling, maintaining, and tracking student academic information and records for internal and external analysis and/or use. This position acts as the central records facilitator for permanent academic information on current and prior students. The Associate Registrar shares the responsibility for the successful enrollment and persistence of both online and on ground students. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Maintain academic and attendance records in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
- Organize and coordinate quarterly registration and clearance activities.
- Promote student success through data management.
- Continue to improve the timeliness of information processing through effective system management, staff development, and interdepartmental communication for internal and external constituencies.
- Ensure the academic policies are complied with consistently.
- Serve as the Certifying School Official for the Veterans Administration, manage VA educational benefits records, and provide liaison service to the students with the Veterans Administration, where applicable.
- Serve as the Designated School Official for the Immigration and Naturalization Service, where applicable.
- Ensure compliance for graduation requirements.
- Assist with Plus program duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
faculty, students, and staff
- Bachelor's Degree required with a Master's preferred.
- At least three years of related experience working in a post-secondary institution.
- Knowledge of INS/Homeland Security educational visas and status preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both peer and student populations.
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Work effectively a team member to ensure that departmental goals are met.
- Ability to understand the school revenue process, and compile and disseminate data as it relates to enrollment.
- Ability to comply with regulatory requirements with respect to student academic records and other documentation.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
The Art Institute of York- Pennsylvania - 18 months ago
Worried that traditional higher education could leave you enlightened but unemployed? Education Management may have the solution. Founded in...