Responsible for accurately gathering demographic and financial information on patients. Inputs information into the computer, issues appropriate cards, identification bands and face sheets. Provides patient with all documentation for admission, including Advance Directive, Admissions Booklet, Notice of Privacy and Passcode. Provides patient education regarding insurance benefits and payment obligation. Collects and accounts for deposits, deductibles and co-pays. Responsible for reviewing with patient any applicable financial assistance information. Ensures accuracy of all duties performed.
Hourly Wage Range: $10.50-$14.00
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Previous patient registration experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred.