This position is responsible for ensuring that patients, visitors, physicians, other department employees and vendors receive superior customer service. It is responsible for welcoming and correctly registering patients for outpatient procedures, admissions, pre-admissions, same day surgeries, observations, lab drop-offs, and assisting physician offices as necessary. Admitting is also responsible for answering telephone calls from other departments, directing patients, putting correct paperwork together for patients' charts, ensuring that the correct paperwork goes to the correct department.
This position is available to current staff only at this time.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a medical terminology test.
- Must be able to pass a keyboarding test, keyboarding 45-50 words per minute.
- Previous office and computer experience preferred.
- Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with patients and coworkers.
- CHAA certification (Certified Healthcare Access Associate) preferred.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
MidMichigan Health - 20 months ago
MidMichigan Health is a non-profit health system, headquartered in Midland, Michigan, dedicated to providing quality, comprehensive health...