Providence is calling a Per Diem Registration Representative to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Responsible for day to day greeting and patient registration functions.
- Greeting patients, registration of non-scheduled patients, activation of pre-registered patients, collection of identified patient financial responsibility, obtaining required signatures from patients or family members and inpatient bed placement activities.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
About the hospital you will serve.
- One year experience in a health care setting
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women
's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
As the sixth-largest faith-based health system in the United States, we employ talented and dedicated individuals at our large medical...