Provide business analysis support on various regulatory topics, including transmission policy development, tariffs, ratemaking, regulatory compliance and economic analysis. Research, analyze, interpret and distribute information on regulatory matters. Support company advocacy efforts and business plan objectives.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Provide regulatory business analysis support by interfacing with all levels of management to discuss and clarify regulatory issues.
- Develop reports to meet management requests for regulatory-related information.
- Perform economic analysis of regulatory alternatives including effects on rate base, income cash flow, unit costs, financial accounting and formula rates.
- Develop and apply fixed charge rates for use in formula rates, contracts and cost sharing agreements.
- Participate in regulatory proceedings by developing and reviewing regulatory filings, sponsoring and/or drafting testimony and processing data requests.
- Support Company advocacy efforts on transmission policy initiatives; monitor Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) open meetings and work with Company personnel on regulatory initiatives to identify potential impact on the Company; assist with developing appropriate responses to further the Company’s strategic goals; meet with regulators, stakeholders/customers and industry groups.
- Represent the Company by participating in Regional Transmission Operator (RTO) committees/task forces to protect and further enhance the Company’s interest on key initiatives; participate in internal debrief meetings to develop consistent messages within each RTO committee/task force.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business, engineering or equivalent job-related experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Regulatory Analyst or similar responsibility.
- Utility regulatory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of utility cost of service ratemaking, revenue requirement and utility financial accounting preferred.
- Some financial modeling experience and/or working knowledge to FERC USOA and GAAP accounting preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey complex information clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Quantitative and analytic skills along with the ability to thoroughly research issues and analyze various types of information.
- Ability to elicit the support of internal subject matter experts to respond to various regulatory issues.
- Ability to understand and interpret the effects of FERC and various state utility commission rules and regulations on the Company.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment, capable of working on multiple projects and tasks and completing the necessary work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel for Company business, including overnight stays, possibly 50% - 75% of the time.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 9 months ago