Provide business analysis support on various regulatory topics, including transmission policy development, tariffs, ratemaking, regulatory compliance and economic analysis. Research, analyze, interpret and distribute information on regulatory matters. Manage and support company advocacy efforts, business plan objectives and policy development. Manage administrative and strategic development efforts for regulatory filings and similar regulatory initiatives.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Provide regulatory business analysis support by interfacing with all levels of management to discuss and clarify regulatory issues.
- Develop reports to meet management requests for regulatory-related information.
- Perform economic analysis of regulatory alternatives including effects on rate base, income cash flow, unit costs, financial accounting and formula rates.
- Develop and apply fixed charge rates for use in formula rates, contracts and cost sharing agreements.
- Support pricing, ratemaking and tariff development efforts by performing research, creating proposals and advocating before stakeholders and regulatory bodies to achieve Company objectives.
- Participate in regulatory proceedings by developing and reviewing regulatory filings, sponsoring and/or drafting testimony and processing data requests.
- Serve as Company advocate on transmission policy initiatives; work with Company personnel on policy initiatives to identify potential impact on the Company and develop appropriate responses to further Company’s strategic goals; meet with regulators, stakeholders/customers and industry groups.
- Research, analyze, interpret and report data on regulatory matters; provide timely and accurate information and analysis to management on regulatory matters that may affect the Company.
- Provide assistance, as directed, with preparation of filings, true up calculations and required tariff submissions to regional transmission organizations (RTOs) for Company subsidiaries and subsequent inquiries on such filings; verify compliance with related standards and prior related requests, including established timelines.
- Ensure Company is in compliance with relevant tariffs and regulatory directives such as the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC) Standard of Conduct, document retention policy and the timely filing of regulatory reports.
- Represent the Company by participating in RTO committees and task forces to protect and further enhance the Company’s interest on key initiatives; participate in internal strategy debrief meetings to formulate the Company’s strategic goals.
- Serve as case manager to lead administrative and strategic development efforts for regulatory filings with company personnel, consultants, outside counsel and others, as needed.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business, engineering or equivalent job-related experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Regulatory Analyst or similar responsibility.
- Utility regulatory experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of utility cost of service ratemaking, revenue requirement and utility financial accounting preferred.
- Financial modeling experience and/or working knowledge to FERC USOA and GAAP accounting preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills along with the ability to thoroughly research issues and analyze various types of information.
- Ability to motivate Company personnel and outside legal to respond to various regulatory issues and timelines that may inconvenience their normal work duties.
- Ability to understand and interpret the effects of FERC and various state utility commission rules and regulations on the Company.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment, capable of working on multiple projects and tasks and completing the necessary work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel for Company business, including overnight stays, possibly 50% - 75% of the time.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.