The Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology is seeking to fill the position of Reimbursement Coding Specialist III to be responsible for the coordination and supervision of the overall reimbursement coding operations for the section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
• Develop fee schedules for any new service and analyze fee schedules for existing services as needed, revise as needed.
• Conduct complex studies of third-party reimbursement patterns involving the cardiology physicians and fee structures. Recommend changes when necessary based on fee structures throughout the US and/or other public institutions.
• Prepare complex reports for the Director, Administrative Operations that details third party reimbursement rates for maximal reimbursement.
• Review and analyze all reports from WWT and investigate low reimbursement by any third-party payors as needed.
• Conduct training seminars as needed for residents and fellows regarding coding technique.
• Represent the section of Cardiology in the development of institutional coding policies and procedures as needed.
• Review, develop and interpret for others, policies and procedures related to coding of services. The incorporation of applicable legal, ethical and institutional standards should be used
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. possession of experience/training required for Reimbursement Coding Specialist II
2. 2 years of work experience comparable to Reimbursement Coding Specialist II
To Apply : For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Proceed to Application button below AND submit an Exam Request for Reimbursement Coding Specialist III - C95197 .
The application must include all work experience, detailed job duties, start and end dates and whether the position was part time or full time.
Additional documents can be electronically attached to your online application through the " Documents" link on the Civil Service Employment application (Part 1). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
You will be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to submitting your exam request.
If an application and exam request are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered and the exam request will be denied.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded within the application, hand delivered, or mailed directly from the institution to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than 3/27/2013.
All information submitted will be thoroughly evaluated and verified.
To view the status of all your exam requests, pending test dates, scores, and current register positions online, just go to https://jobs.uic.edu . Log in and click on "C ivil Service Activity" .
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to Job Board
University of Illinois at Chicago - 23 months ago