We are currently looking for a Reimbursement Director in our Downers Grove, IL office!
Responsible for all operations and outcomes associated to the billing center. Develops and manages efficient work procedures, implements on-going process improvement. Resonsible for all functions associated to credit review (document collection, verification, authorizations), medical records/office support, billing, and collections. Independently creates and implements programs to meet document collections, credit review, billing and collections goals to maximize company cash flow and revenue. Centers are measured on DSO, write off’s, cash collections, aged receivables and OIP levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops department and employee goals to achieve desired results
• Facilitates A/R reduction to ensure DSO goals
• On-going monitoring of write of trends, development and execution of write off reduction plans. Responsible for achieving write off target.
• Responsible for Credit Review and OIP targets to insure all orders are released timely and insure patient satisfaction.
• Reviews daily, weekly, and/or monthly reports
• Handles HR related issues
• Interviews, hires, reviews, and counsels staff accordingly
• Facilitates all necessary requirements for hiring staff, including internal job postings, creating advertisements, conducting interviews, coordinating pre-employment testing, etc.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with government payers, as well as other payers, as needed
• Maintains knowledge of and educates staff regarding Medicare Part B and Medicaid(various states) guidelines, including all updates and bulletins
• Partakes in all in-services and workshops pertinent to payers, regulatory issues, state or federal changes, etc.
• Informs staff of all applicable company changes and information
• Conducts (minimally) weekly departmental meetings
• Performs payroll functions
• Issues written and oral instructions
• Assigns duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
• Participation in regional and company AR meetings
• Demonstrates high standards of professionalism and work ethics.
• Monitors billing, verification, documentation collection and payer calls to review and improve employee’s telephone etiquette, technical accuracy, and conformity to the company’s standards.
• Recommends corrective action to rectify service issues and customer complaints.
• Answers questions about services, reimbursement coverage, and products sold or directs staff to the appropriate resources.
• Facilitates inter-department relationships
• Able to support credit review, billing and collections when backlogs arise
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
• Reviews and recommends standardized procedures to improve departmental efficiencies.
• Develops subordinates skills through coaching and leadership methods; review staff performance.
• Creates a focused and enthused environment through motivation techniques, goal setting, seminars, incentive programs, etc
• Maintains harmony among workers and resolve grievances
• Carrying out positive, complete training programs
• Other duties as assigned
Responsible for up to 100+ employees within the Billing Services department. Direct reports can range from 3 to 15 depending on the size of the center. Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures, as well as labor laws. Responsibilities include meeting goals, interviewing and hiring new employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewar
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities outlined are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the above functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from a four college or university; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five years management experience.
• Expertise of home medical supplies claims processing for Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance, and managed care.
• Strong knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
• Five years recruiting and training reimbursement/billing employees.
• Strong background of medical terminology.
• Well developed communication skills including verbal and written.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Excel, and Word. Familiarity with PowerPoint beneficial.
• Accustomed to utilizing Outlook to manage schedule
• Accustomed to integrating high volume of email communication into daily responsibilities
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
The physical demands describe her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be sitting the majority of the workday. Additionally the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability is required for this job, including close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Byram offers a busy competitive environment and promotes from within. Employees play a pro-active role in our success. We offer training, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K with a match and tuition reimbursement. If you feel you meet the above requirements, please submit your resume. EOE. No phone calls please!
Byram Healthcare - 8 months ago
Pharmaceutical distribution company Mediq (formerly OPG Groep) is involved in both commercial wholesaling and consumer retailing of drugs...