Maintain and process medical insurance claims. Maintain established DSO and cash collection goals. Determine appropriate billing needs of patients.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Performs clerical duties related to the position.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, and billing machines.
- Prepare Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance claims and insures that they are processed and completed in a timely manner.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
- Contact customers in order to obtain or relay account information.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, and rates for goods and services in order to complete billing documents.
- Receive and answer inquiries from patient's insurance company, patient, and other parties regarding charges.
- Complete resubmission claims when necessary/
- Perform collection calls. Is persistent with aging accounts.
- Notify supervisor of problem accounts.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Two to four years related experience
Computer Skills: Proficient at CPR+; proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
S2 - BioScrip - 20 months ago