The Reimbursement Supervisor oversees up to 15 employees within the Billing Services department. Responsibilities include ensuring efficient work procedures, making recommendations for on-going process improvement, and coordinating programs to meet billing and collections goals to maximize company cash flow. Additional supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, training, and performance management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops department and employee goals to enhance performance
2. Facilitates A/R reduction to ensure targeted DSO goals
3. Assists in obtaining Medicaid providerships, as well as billing requirements in various states, as needed
4. Reviews daily, weekly, and/or monthly reports
5. Liaison between Byram and the electronic billing company
6. Establishes and maintains relationships with government payers, as well as other payers, as needed
7. Maintains knowledge of and educates staff regarding Medicare Part B and Medicaid(various states) guidelines, including all updates and bulletins
8. Partakes in all in-services and workshops pertinent to payers, regulatory issues, state or federal changes, etc.
9. Conducts (minimally) monthly departmental meetings
10. Performs payroll functions
11. Processes all credit memos within the appropriate month
12. Assists in conducting billing audits to ensure regulatory compliance
13. Monitors calls to review and improve employee’s telephone etiquette, technical accuracy, and conformity to the company’s standards.
14. Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from a four college or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One to two years supervisory experience.
• Expertise of home medical supplies claims processing for Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance, and managed care.
• Strong knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
• One to two years recruiting and training reimbursement/billing employees.
• Strong background of medical terminology.
• Well-developed communication skills including verbal and written.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Excel, and Word. Familiarity with PowerPoint and Outlook is beneficial.
Byram offers a busy competitive environment and promotes from within. Employees play a pro-active role in our success. We offer training, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K with a match and tuition reimbursement. If you feel you meet the above requirements, please submit your resume. EOE. No phone calls please!
Byram Healthcare - 23 months ago
Pharmaceutical distribution company Mediq (formerly OPG Groep) is involved in both commercial wholesaling and consumer retailing of drugs...