The SVB Private Bank serves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of the U. S economy. This includes venture capital professionals and C-level executives from all the businesses Silicon Valley Bank serves nationwide. SVB is uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seek to help the streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge of their industries, capable & caring bankers and a high level of customer service.
The Private Bank RA I, will be responsible for developing and maintaining a working relationship with the key contacts within the client service team. They must have outstanding skills in delivering high touch client service with a positive attitude.
Job duties include;
- backing up the primary RA’s, handling the operational duties of the team including but not limited to; overdrafts, returned checks, rejected items, fee reversals, check verifications, wire transfers, telephone transfers, check orders, loan advance requests and other duties assigned by management.
- He/she may participate in building a consistent calling and regular client contact strategy to provide a high level of proactive follow-up, and determine and identify appropriate cross-selling opportunities.
- The RA provides a proactive level of attention and influence to high profile clients.
- He/she must quickly gain a working knowledge of the SVB’s operations, products and services to influence the clients’ integration and adoption of the banks’ products and services.
- He/she must be able to demonstrate independent discretion and judgment while balancing advocacy for the client and the bank.
- The RA is the primary point for all deposit and operational issues for the client.
- RAs are responsible for gaining an understanding of the client’s business and making recommendations to improve the client’s financial processes, implementation of best practices and access to key contacts.
- RA trains clients and develops basic proficiency on the various online channel solutions to quarterback client integration of SVB products and services
- The RA requires appropriate judgment to assess risk in regards to Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering regulations, account ownership, account controls, fraud, fee waivers and overdraft.
- The RA is required to have excellent written and oral communication skills and strong organizational/time management skills as multi-tasking are essential to monitor and engage with the overall client portfolio.
- Some weekend and and after-hours on-call duty is required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required.
- 3+ years consultative sales professional in financial services.
- Demonstrated client relationship building experience, event promotion and/or client support in financial products is required.
- Proven sustained sales results in investment products and ability to close a sale.
- Broad knowledge of financial services products and services and the customer relationship management system.
- Systems training is a plus.
SVB Financial Group is the holding company for Silicon Valley Bank, which serves emerging and established companies involved in technology,...