Business Banking serves the banking needs of businesses with $.5 million to $20 million in revenue. The Relationship Manager (RM) manages a portfolio of these clients and is a key role in the field organization, building relationships by providing financial advice to business clients with a focus on client experience and risk management. Business Banking is looking for an RM to develop new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Build collaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best in client advice and service, develop the business to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client in delivering comprehensive and customized business banking products and solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of business clients.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of clients.
- Use knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management to identify, recommend and promote products and solutions that best serve the client while still working within risk parameters that protect the bank. Seek out training and expertise of others to enhance existing knowledge to ensure full perspective.
- Build relationships by calling on existing clients to truly understand their businesses and analyze product and service growth opportunities that ensures profitability of portfolio.
- Identify and pursue potential new clients, looking for ways to cultivate a long-term relationship.
- Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Develop and manage a disciplined marketing process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects. Regularly review processes and strategies with supervisor, making adjustments as needed.
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
- 1 to 3 years experience in a business banking relationship management role or related business lending experience; direct in-person contact preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Understanding of core business products and services.
- General business experience and knowledge of business credit.
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners.
- Ability to recognize an issue or problem and determine when to escalate or handle independently.
- Ability to balance needs of clients with personal goals and interests of the firm.
- Ability to determine and balance priorities on a daily basis to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to own problems on clients' behalf and follow through with commitments.
- Understanding of general business practices and how business needs vary by industry/market.
- Candidates with strong current business network preferred. Develop, retain and expand relationships with Centers of Influence (COI) ie: CPA's and attorneys. Active involvement with community groups.
- Travel requirement: approximately 25%
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
US-NY-New York-Water St / 02049
CONSUMER & COMMUNITY BANKING
Yes, 25 % of the Time
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...