Serves as a relationship manager for key accounts which might include Public campus' and systems. May support more senior Relationship Managers on more complex clients. Coordinates all marketing, sales, and support services for the assigned accounts and anticipates and resolves the more complex problems. May help promote investment product sales through frequent client meetings/discussions about investment strategy and investment performance. Understands the assigned accounts' requirements and develops programs to meet these requirements. Prepares and presents briefings for the assigned client human resources management. Responsible for the entire relationship including new business, asset retention, increasing flows, expanding product offerings with existing relationships and client satisfaction. Drives client strategy for meeting goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key hr and benefit management at client institutions. Utilizes basic conflict resolution skills to maintain strong relationships
- Demonstrates understanding and development of all phases of the sales cycle.
- Basic knowledge of all TIAA-CREF product and services including Endowments, Planned Giving, TCAM, Kaspick, Trust Services, and Fiduciary Services etc.
- Fully developed presentations skills.
- May participate on corporate wide initiatives.
- Ability to think and act strategically with goal based outcomes
- 4 or more years of institutional consultative sales and client relationship management experience
- Developing a sales track record with TIAA CREF clients
- Demonstrated experience managing key relationships at client institutions
- Basic knowledge of financial products/services and the features/benefits of TIAA-CREF products and services.
- Understanding of the basic IRA, 403(b), 401(a)/(k), and 457(b) and (f) technical rules. Working knowledge of nondiscrimination and ERISA requirements.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience; Masters in Business or Finance preferred
- Requires NASD Series 6 (or 7) and 63 registrations
- Requires resident state insurance license, and non-resident licenses for all states in which the Relationship Manager will sell insurance products within six months of assuming position. Managers will confirm and have documented on file, the specific states/territories in which insurance products will be sold.
- Must be appointed as an agent by TIAA and T-C Life.
- Must comply with all regulatory requirements and remain in good standing with regulatory agencies.
- May attain additional industry certifications and designations (CEBS, etc.)
TIAA-CREF - 20 months ago
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...