Ariadne seeks a C++ Release/Configuration Manager to develop and maintain an indexing engine and a web content delivery portal that manages multiple information resources related to molecular biology research and biomedical literature. The system processes and makes searchable terabytes of rapidly growing biomedical information and serves over 10 million hits from a few million unique users every day as well as accounts for over 90% of traffic at www.nih.gov. The portal is high-performance, multi-threaded, service-oriented, distributed software system running on hundreds of Linux-based servers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain stable code branches for various projects.
- Support product release cycles, including release builds and deployment.
- Produce public releases.
- Run internal production builds.
- Build and deploy widely used third-party packages.
- Specific background, experience, skill set and focus on backend systems architecture , deploying and maintaining distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in writing Python , Unix shell scripts.
- Experience working with SVN is desirable.
- Working knowledge of C and C++ .
- Experience with XML , Web technologies.
Founded by experts in computational biology in 2002, Ariadne brings deep experience in high-throughput informatics and software design for life sciences research applications along with bench-level biological and software engineering expertise. Ariadne has a history of outstanding performance providing biomedical IT Services and Software Solutions to government and commercial customers. We have maintained strong and long lasting relationships with our customers, vendors, and staff.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years of practical experience.
Ariadne offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including BlueCross BlueShield health insurance with 100% company paid premiums, 401K program with matching and immediate vesting, paid time off and holiday pay, life insurance, flexible spending and disability coverage. We promote an excellent work/life balance with a 40-hour workweek and a chance to work alongside accomplished scientists at NIH. Ariadne is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Ariadne!
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Click Apply button now!
Ariadne offers a unique suite of advisory and transaction services to our corporate clients.
Led by Ian Findlay, our corporate advisory...