General Summary of Position:
Granite Telecommunications has an immediate need for a Release / Production Support Engineer to help with our evolution to more automated Release tracking and shipping methods, and to set up, maintain and troubleshoot test and production environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accepting deliverables from the developers via source check-ins, creating baselines, ensuring code review and testing steps are coordinated
- Help create test environments to mimic production, working with Database Administrators and Infrastructure team
- Perform releases of new application code, database object versions, and data updates, to test and production environments upon approvals from code review and testing steps
- Prepare system, build, and programming documentation with the guidance of the Software Development Managers.
- Proactively manage work load and consult with the Software Development Managers when matters of work prioritization arise
- 3-6 years of experience in software development and deployment, including SQL Database skills, ideally with major experience with release and/or production support
- Experience with version control systems
- A plus would be experience with Microsoft Team System version control, Visual SourceSafe, or both.
- Relational database knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle), and SQL development skills
- Ideally would have 2+ years of .NET Technologies (ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#).
- A plus would be experience with IIS
- Ideally would have knowledge of OOP Concepts & Component Design
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience as a developer
- Technical writing/documentation
Granite Telecommunications is looking for rock solid growth as a reseller of telecommunications services to commercial clients in the US and...