Istonish is a minority owned, privately-held, award-winning business enterprise, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices located in Texas, Minnesota, and Wyoming. When you join Istonish, you become a part of the team dedicated to delivering outstanding technical and customer service to our clients.
Our client located in Madison, Wisconsin, has an 8 month contract opportunity for (2) strong Release Coordinators/Managers.
Coordinating implementation activities that bring new software rel (or patch) into integration and production environments.
Ensures integrity of pre-prod/prod environments are protected and correct components are released by owning deploy schedules for all environments.
Provides knowledge point of integrations within any given release.
Focus on coordinating integrated pieces from product deliverables that must come together to work as an integrated release package, solution, or primary release.
Coordinates deploy milestones ensuring they are planned/managed and can come together timely and be grouped on efficiency, integrations, and compatibility as they release through lower environments.
1. Creating, managing and maintaining specifics of a predetermined Rel Schedule
2. Release activities within implementation of project
3. Communicate plans, status, and issues to higher mgmt. levels
4. Work with change mgmt. to coordinate/schedule release of change orders into prod
5. Gather app/component data required for a release and create change orders
6. Prepare implementation plan and review with project teams/stakeholders including contact lists, communication, back out, and prod verification
7. Gather/coordinate post implementation issue resolutions and communication
8. Communicate release schedules and planned dates to Launch and Sales team
9. Coordinate approvals for deploying off schedule and emergency releases
10. Act as central point of contact for all product releases
11. Developing/training of standard release processes, including deploy schedules
12. Incorporating vendor appls into rel processes
13. Review environment requirements
14. Work with environment team for setup/configuration of pre prod environments
15. Accountable for ongoing impact analysis and communication to other teams that are part of a large release
16. Identifies process improvements in release process as well as areas of risk and conflict within and across multiple releases and work with project teams to mitigate issues
17. Influence parallel development strategies including branching, merging, and version management
1. Strong Release Coord/Mgmt experience
2. Experience managing implementations with system integrations/dependencies
3. Software Development Lifecycle experience including waterfall, iterative, and agile
4. Excellent team player with team building skills
5. Excellent Communication Skills - verbal and written
6. Ability to work with all levels in organization
7. Ability to understand architecture and integrations with Java based SOA
8. Build/Deploy process knowledge in Java applications
9. Change Management process knowledge and tool experience (e.g. CA service desk, HP Service Mgr)
1. 3 years of experience in Release Coordinator/Manager role
2. Critical path mgmt. experience
3. Release mgmt. metrics reporting knowledge
4. Experience with apps running on Linux/JBoss platforms.
5. Knowledge of deploy skills / code repositories is beneficial; someone vastly experienced in only the act of deployment will not be a good fit.
Istonish - 16 months ago
We help you do more with less.
Technology can be complicated. But, what we do for our clients is simple. Istonish helps you accomplish...