Headquartered in Philadelphia, Radian connects lenders, homebuyers, investors and loan servicers using a suite of private mortgage insurance and related risk management products and services. We help promote and preserve the tradition of homeownership while protecting lenders from default-related losses on residential first mortgages.
We also facilitate the sale of low-down payment mortgages in the secondary market. Our commitment to homeownership is built on a foundation of evaluating credit risk; we help clients and investors expertly and prudently manage risk in any market condition.
The Release Engineer is responsible for providing a repeatable, reliable process of deploying code into various environments used to support project initiatives and business need of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide source control versioning, and administration.
- Construct automation scripts to compile and build installers for multiple platforms.
- The building and release of software throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Maintain server environments of the SDLC.
- Maintain build server and applications needed for the Release Management build process.
- Continuously look for improvements of the Release Management process.
- Strong time management skills.
- Research and improve production methods and processes based on industry standards.
- Understand StarTeam internals and functionality
- Manage projects, views and branches in Starteam. (From setup to troubleshooting).
- Control branching and merging of code base.
- Serve as a best practices advocate.
- Provide Tier-2 off-hour remote support.
- May be required to carry a company provided pager/cell phone and on rolling basis provide off hours/weekend production support.
- Less than 5% travel may be required.
B.S., Computer Science or 3+ years of experience in release engineering.
Work/Training Experience Requirements :
Other Skills, Knowledge and Expertise:
- 3+ years of experience in release engineering.
- Source Code Management experience.
- Unix, Linux, Windows and StarTeam administration experience.
- Experience with software build and integration processes.
- SCM process experience, from design to implementation.
- Skilled at scripting ANT, NANT, Perl, Java, C#, Powershell, SQL, WMI and batch files.
- Working knowledge of n-tier architected applications.
- ITIL framework knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with IIS 6.0 +
- Weblogic and Apache administration experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a co-located team environment.
- Experience with Biztalk 2006R2, and Biztalk 2010
- Experience with SQL Server 2003, 2008
- Experience with Sharepoint Moss 2007, and 2010
Radian Group Inc. - 12 months ago