GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Reliability/Safety Engineer you will be responsible for developing and leading the safety and reliability program execution. In this role you will interpret, analyze and allocate reliability and safety requirements at the system, subsystem and PCB assembly level.
- Advise design engineering on selection, application and test of electronic components and systems.
- Recommend design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
- Develop appropriate methods and measures of reliability and safety analysis based on customer and contractual obligations.
- Perform reliability prediction analysis
- Perform Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis to support the design process and to provide input to Safety and Testability analyses
- Prepare reports and summaries to disclose results and highlight areas for further investigation.
- Prepare technical reports as required by customers
- Support and coordinate with interfacing disciplines such as hardware, firmware, software, customer support, and product management
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years experience in reliability and safety engineering with complex electronic products
- Demonstrate capability to perform reliability prediction analysis using generally accepted methodology and failure rate sources such as MIL-HDBK-217, VITA 51, Prism or field experience data
- Demonstrate capability to perform safety assessments such as Fault Tree Analysis, Common Mode Analysis, Functional Failure Path Analysis, Safety Requirements development, Developing Safety Program Plans, Functional Hazard Analysis, Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- Internal Entrepreneur, the ability to recognize new opportunities, and the willingness to take a risk in order to make the opportunity a reality.
- Highly motivated, with the ability make decisions and solve problems with little supervision.
- Six Sigma training
- Reliability Practitioner
- Systems Engineering experience
- Experience in Military/Aerospace industry
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 19 months ago
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...