This position will provide techncial engineering skills to optimize overall equipment availability. In addition, this position will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of downtime data, assessing overall trends and providing technical solutions to repetitive events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with company occupational health and safety policies and procedures and relevant regulations
- Actively promote safety awareness amongst Company and contract personnel
- Report all personal injuries and incidents and assist with investigations
- Actively support and participate in safety initiatives
- Conduct a personal risk assessment such as Take Two’s and/or JSA’s prior to performing any task
- Ensure vehicle/mobile equipment safety inspections are performed and recorded prior to placing in service for that shift. Report unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Actively participate in EHS related meetings as requested (Pre-Shift Team Tool Box, Department, Daily, Monthly EHS Committee, etc.)
- Routinely inspect assigned work areas and report unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in all assigned areas
- Intervene as necessary to mitigate unsafe acts or unsafe conditions to protect the health and safety of other miners, company equipment and the environment
- Ensure all work is performed within company, state, and federal regulations/standards/statutes/policies/ procedures
- Complete Loss Control Cards (LCC) as necessary to ensure effective communication of undesired conditions or situations
- Participate in functional cross-site audits as requested
- Ensure all appropriate PPE is used correctly for all assigned tasks. Maintain issued PPE in hygienic and operable condition at all times
- Actively participate in all assigned EHS related training
- During emergencies respond as per training and follow instructions from supervisor
- Ensure compliance with company environmental policies and procedures and relevant regulations
- Actively promote environmental responsibility amongst Company and contract personnel
- Actively support and participate in environmental initiatives
- Track , plan, schedule and conduct Non-Destructive Testing
- Interpretation and recommendations from vibration analysis
- Thorough mechanical knowledge of plant and understanding of rotating equipment
- Optimizing equipment through planned and proven best practices
- Establishing a proactive maintenance reliability program
- Ensure that Iluka’s equipment performance management processes, procedures and standards are used and improved upon
- Develop maintenance reliability and condition monitoring strategies across the site
- Manage the continuous improvement of the processes procedures and standards (change control) to ensure they are functional and consistent with the site needs
- Review cost drivers for the maintenance department to provide a disciplined process for cost reduction through the use of factual data. This should be used to justify
- Review equipment selections for new projects in line with existing plant capability, reliability, availability, utilization and quality performance measurements history
- Provide assistance in the selection of stores holding levels for BOMS
- Identify and prioritize all failures
- Analyze failures and identify root causes of failures for high priority/critical items.
- Recommend appropriate actions to improve reliability
- In conjunction with Planners, review and modify maintenance processes, procedures, servicing, inspection periodicities or applicability of equipment.
- Initiate engineering action required to solve reliability problems.
- Ensure root cause of failure information is recorded.
- Support maintenance in problem solving immediate issues.
- Assist in the design, planning, estimate and direct installation and commissioning of new or recommended plant changes to improve reliability.
ILUKA Resources - 9 months ago