To be part of a veterinary team to provide high-volume spay/neuter surgeries as well as medical care to the animals in the adoption center.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Sedating and preparing animals for surgery.
- Helping monitor patients during surgery and post surgery.
- Administering prescribed medications, both oral and injectable.
- Assisting the veterinarian in animal handling and general treatment.
- General care of animals in the adoption center.
- Preparing surgery packs and cleaning surgical equipment.
- Assisting with vaccine clinics.
- Clinic cleaning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
- Work requires continual attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Prior experience as a Veterinary Technician, or relevant education and or certifications.
- Must be able to professionally advocate Best Friends position on issues.
- Must be licensed and in good standing in the state of California.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing work requiring concentration and manual dexterity.
- Lifting and handling animals of varying sizes and species, bending, stooping and walking on a daily basis.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Best Friends Animal Society - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard