Since launch, the NOAA Instrument Performance/Status Monitoring System (LTM-IPMS) has provided thousands of NPP spacecraft and instrument status/performance indices monitoring in real time. To make this system more advanced and able to better serve the community, the following items will need to be developed or improved:
* Add more spacecraft and instrument status monitoring and performance analysis indices according to research requirements and flight engineering requests;
* Update all LTM parameters, in both spacecraft and instruments modules, based on an orbit time frame rather than an hourly time frame;
* Regenerate daily trending plots for historical event revisits and reanalysis;
* Generate a data file to correspondent to each plot for reanalysis;
* Upgrade LTM website to include historical plot selection and correspondent data access functions;
* Create IPMS warning notification PCT table based on operational PCT so that any anomaly will be caught even such variation is within operational PCT limits;
* Update operational PCT table generating program based on LTM-IPMS results and test PCT in ADL for pre-operational valuation.
Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
PhD in atmospheric science or engineering, related discipline, or equivalent.
Earth Resources Technology, Inc - 21 months ago