Complete replenishment process in sales spaces prior to store opening resulting in agreed goods availability for customer at the lowest possible cost and to secure IKEA as the best home furnishings company in the local market.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your main tasks will include:
• Perform sales space replenishment with flexibility and volume taken into consideration when merchandising
• Transport goods utilizing goods flow equipment ( manual )
• Report damages or other inventory differences on articles
• Utilize article/ product information via IKEA system to secure quality replenishment
• Adhere to inventory control procedures
• Maintain a clean, organized work area following waste management guidelines
• Maintain supplies, tools and equipment in an as new conditions
• Adhere strictly to safety and security procedures
• Improve and maintain knowledge on Efficient Goods Flow Concept and range
• Assist managers in the training of new coworkers
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• Ability to work with utility knives and related tools
• High School or equivalent
• Ability to work with goods flow equipment (manual)
• Computer aptitude
• Previous high volume warehouse or receiving/replenishment experience preferred
• Ability to work in a team
• Service oriented
• Willingness to share your knowledge and learning
• Problem-solving and basic mathematical skills
• Legible handwriting
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers US Specific Position Information
• Work Location: Fast-paced, deadline driven, high volume retail store
• Physical/Mental Demands ( Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, reaching, and lifting; to lift and move 50 lbs (25 kg.)
• Physical/Mental Demands (Non essential Functions): Ability to access and observe all areas of the store. Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress. Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers and manage conflict.
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...