Assists in all functions of Sales Operations including order entry / change / inquiry. Will work directly with many different departments to problem solve and/or coordinate needs of Sales. Will also be required to read / react to certain sales reports and participate in special projects related to Sales / Order Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Order Maintenance – 75 %
Special Projects – 25%
- Order Entry – key account / special program / close-out / VIP / internal orders. Must be able to enter standard and custom orders ensuring all business rules are followed and carried out.
- Have knowledge of sales programs and be able to enforce guidelines or seek approval from appropriate authority on special requests.
- Order Change – have a keen understanding of order flow process (standard and custom) to know what changes are viable and be able to make changes upholding the Business rules around them and enforce or seek approval to violations of those rules with appropriate authority.
- Order Inquiry – answering emails / calls regarding order status. Ability to understand order flow process (for standard and custom orders) to identify problem areas and resolve or advise.
- Product Availability – must have a basic understanding of current and past product offerings and be able to provide accurate information on stock status or estimated delivery.
- Create deliveries on orders and coordinate with the shipping dept to ensure priority orders or orders with special shipping requests are carried out.
- Work directly with inside and outside sales reps to assist with all order / product / delivery
- Problem solve – be able to understand and assist with any issue regarding orders / know who to contact for assistance or approval / thorough follow through to ensure resolve
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be able to assist with detailed account inquiries
- Understand and assist with account balance inquiries / discrepancies / issues – be able to understand all account transactions (credits / debits / orders / financial adjustments)
- Be able to work with basic to detailed Excel spreadsheets / read / interpret data and react as directed.
- Assist with any Sales Operations project as needed
· Must be able to work in a fast paced – at times stressful – environment
· Ability to understand priority needs of the company and adjust when necessary or when directed
· Demonstrate good communication skills – both verbally and written – and be able to relate to all level of employees
· Should be self-motivated and be able to demonstrate initiative
· Should be detail oriented
· Must have proven computer skills
· Be able to read and interpret instructions, policy, procedures, program information, etc.
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to problem solve
Education and/or Experience
· High School Graduate – required
· College degree or experience preferred
· Computer experience required / Excel / Word experience preferred
· SAP experience helpful
· Customer Service experience / background preferred
Callaway Golf - 8 months ago
Big Bertha gets Callaway Golf swinging. With its flagship driver named after a WWI cannon, Callaway makes premium-priced golf clubs that are...