Reproductive Freedom Organizer
The American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee (ACLU-TN), a statewide affiliate of the National ACLU, is seeking a part-time organizer to coordinate ACLU-TN’s work on reproductive freedom. Reproductive freedom is under increasing attack in Tennessee and the ACLU-TN, in coordination with our partners across the state, is committed to defending a woman’s ability to access health care services and make her own decisions about if and when to become a parent.
The part-time organizer will work with the ACLU-TN Executive Director and identified partners to protect and preserve a woman’s ability to make her own reproductive health decisions s in Tennessee.
This is a temporary and part-time position currently funded at 15 hours a week for approximately 7 months. The organizer will work out of the ACLU-TN state office in Nashville but travel as needed to meet with prospective allies and key partners around the state.
- Building relationships and strengthening partnerships with prospective allies and organizations;
- Prepare advocacy and public education materials;
- Coordinating closely with ACLU staff and coalition partners;
- Undertaking special projects related to reproductive freedom as requested by the Executive Director;
- Assist with grant writing and other programmatic duties.
- Commitment to goals of ACLU and reproductive freedom;
- Experience with political campaigns, activist, grassroots organizations, and/or lobbying;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously under strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work with range of individuals and organizations in support of a mutually shared goal;
- Experience organizing advocacy and educational activities;
- Ability to put in flexible hours and work evenings in order to meet goals and work with community leaders
- Outstanding writing skills, including ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and ability to adapt writing style as appropriate;
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge and use of Word, social media, Excel, and internet-based research;
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance;
- A sense of humor.
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and contact list for at least three references to email@example.com . Please write “Reproductive Freedom Organizer “ in the subject line. Also, please indicate in your cover letter where you found the job announcement.
You will receive an email confirming that your application was received. We will contact you as soon as possible regarding the status of your application. Please do not contact the ACLU-TN office regarding the status of your application because we cannot return these calls and emails.
We will begin reviewing application on November 26th. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBT individuals to apply.
ACLU - 22 months ago
The philosopher Socrates once said, "I am that gadfly which God has given the state." While the American Civil Liberties Union...