This is a technical sales position with responsibility for Research & Analytic Aerosol Instrument product sales in the South East Territory. These instruments size, count, generate and disperse aerosol particles for applications in environmental monitoring, health effects research, combustion studies, vehicle emissions testing, nanomaterial research and more. The Technical Sales Specialist provides a high level of service and support to insure customer satisfaction and continuing revenues.
This person can work out of a home office in any major metropolitan area within the assigned region (NC, SC, VA, GA, FL, KY, TN, AL, MS, AR, LA, TX, OK). Our preference is in the Raleigh/Durham area.
1. Prospects and sells directly to customers in the assigned region at volume levels consistent with annual business goals. 2. Delivers effective, solutions-oriented sales presentations and product demonstrations to secure orders for TSI. Attends appropriate conferences and trade shows to promote TSI’s interests. 3. Works with Sales Management to develop and implement strategic and tactical sales plans to achieve sales volumes in the assigned region consistent with annual business goals. 4. Provides market input to product management. Maintains and increases knowledge of TSI products, customer applications and the latest technical advances within industry. 5. Travels up to 60% to meet with customers and prospects as required within the assigned region. 6. Provides monthly forecasts and performs other administrative tasks and special projects as required.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Education Required: Bachelor degree in engineering, science or a relevant technical discipline. Desired: M.S. or Ph.D. in aerosol related field-of-research.
2. Experience Required: Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience with TSI aerosol research instruments, or similar. Desired: Experience selling direct to academic, government, and corporate research facilities and personnel with scientific backgrounds.
3. Core Competencies: Ability to assess technical needs/application requirements, formulate solutions, and present them effectively and persuasively. Highly skilled in making presentations to audiences of technical and non-technical participants. Self-motivated and directed. Effective in time management and/or territory planning. Ability to learn customer relationship management (CRM) software for managing leads and prospects. Proven ability to work independently and in cross-functional team environments. Demonstrated ability to execute on multiple projects and excel in a results-oriented work environment. Displays basic selling skills competencies.
4. Candidates must be able to work for any company in the United States without sponsorship.
Careers at TSI - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard