The Rawlings Group was formed in 1977 to offer legal services to insurance providers. Recognizing the need for specialized recovery services, Rawlings launched what would ultimately become the first subrogation outsourcing program for the healthcare industry. We subsequently launched other outsourcing programs specifically dedicated to medical claims recovery, mass tort litigation, and pharmaceutical claims recovery.
As market demand for our recovery services continued to grow, our organizational focus became more defined. Today, The Rawlings Group is focused exclusively on recovery services for our health insurance company clients. Due in part to this focus and in part to our tenacious commitment to servicing the needs of our clients, we are the largest and most successful company in this segment of the market.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Under the supervision of the Director of Research and Development, the Research and Development Specialist is responsible for the development and refinement of queries and delivery systems. Additionally, this position will lead and assist on special projects with a focus on continual process and system improvement.
1. Assists in the development and execution of SQL queries.
2. Develops and maintains databases to deliver, track and report query and audit results.
3. Responsible for the proper communication regarding all aspects of the query logic as well as the coordination of any training or follow-up necessary.
4. Using written and verbal feedback performs detailed level analysis to improve query results.
5. Works with various teams to design and create decision support and process maps related to query results.
6. Assists in the investigation and reporting of query and review results.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in business, accounting, IT or a related field desired.
Five to seven years related experience, preferably in an insurance setting.
Proficient in the use of Access, SQL and Excel. Visio a plus.
Understanding of database structures and relational databases.
Ability to perform process and decision mapping.
Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
Proactive, inquisitive and creative in approach to work.
Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
Demonstrates professionalism in all dealings with peers and management.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to operate a computer keyboard. Correctable hearing and vision required. Capacity to identify, assimilate and analyze complex information and communicate recommendations as needed.
Office environment with minimal noise level.
The annual salary for this position is $55,000-65,000.
Work in Oldham County and stop paying the Louisville 2.2% occupational tax.
Visit our website at http://www.rawlingsgroup.com/
City of Louisville, KY - 2 years ago