Morgan Stanley Research is seeking a business analyst with reporting experience to join a high performing analytical team that builds models to optimize the allocation of client resources across Research, Equities, and Fixed Income.
There are two key parts to this role.
1) Analytics Business Analysis Skills – The ideal candidate will have experience providing data and requirements to analytical teams. This person will be the interface between senior stakeholders and statistical modelers. Therefore, strong communication and analytical skills are required to be successful for this part of the role.
2) Reporting & Data Analysis Skills – After the models are built, this person will be responsible for finding the story within the data and communicating results to stakeholders. Results will be communicated in Spotfire, our visualization tool of choice. Reporting experience is critical (preferably Spotfire) as is a capability to analyze results and communicate findings clearly.
Spotfire is the business face of our analytical models and presenting analyses in intuitive ways is essential to our success. Beyond the development of the visualizations, the candidate should have strong data analysis skills and the ability to find the story within the data and present visualizations that deliver actionable insights.
This position will be part of the Technology Management team within the Research business unit. The team consists of data scientists, project managers and business analysts who manage a variety of technology initiatives on behalf of Research, Equities, and Fixed Income. They are responsible for managing projects from initial concept to deployment, working closely with stakeholders, including Research Analysts and management in the business unit, as well as IT colleagues in the development, support and training areas.
The successful candidate will provide end-to-end project management from requirements gathering and analysis, through implementation, and post implementation support. The role will therefore require interacting with analysts, sales, and Research Management.
• Leading the model definition process and serving as a business analyst to collect and clean data for use in our analytical models.
• Analyzing model output to find the story within the data and then communicating results to senior stakeholders
• Developing complex Spotfire visualizations using information links and data on demand
• Soliciting feedback from stakeholders throughout the development cycle
• Presenting visualizations to stakeholders and senior management
• Produce charts, tables, and graphs to support stakeholders’ reporting requirements
• Provide data and analyses in a timely manner and verify the accuracy of data analyses
• Plan and manage the deployment of global, production-level visualizations
•• Excellent business analysis skills with a focus on analytical projects
• Experience building rich reports and dashboards
• Strong data analysis skills and the ability to find key insights within the data
• Understanding of basic statistical approaches and terms
• Excellent oral communication and presentation skills including the ability to make changes to visualizations on-the-fly in meetings with stakeholders
• Strong problem-solving capabilities; ability to come up with solutions for complex business problems
• Proficient in developing business requirements, use cases, and user acceptance testing cases/plans
• Ability to develop automated, sustainable solutions that can be transitioned to other team members
• Ability to manage multiple activities to aggressive deadlines
• Self-starter with can-do attitude and a strong sense of ownership
• Experience with Spotfire
• Statistics experience using R to integrate with Spotfire
• Strong Project Management skills
• Prior experience on global projects / global systems implementations
• Knowledge of Research, Investment Banking or Financial Services
Morgan Stanley - 12 months ago
One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates...