Morgan Stanley is looking to recruit a market research professional with strong analytical skills to join a global, entrepreneurial team called AlphaWise within its Research Division focusing on evidence-based stock research.
The role will consist of two parts:
i) Conceiving and executing market research projects that address critical investment debates. He or she will manage all phases of market research studies, including communicating with internal clients on investment debates and research objectives, vendor selection and briefing, survey design, data processing and analysis, and delivering insights.
ii) Exploring new market-research techniques and methodologies, and extracting insights from available market-research databases.
The role provides a unique opportunity to work on a diverse range of high-impact projects across many industries, including CPG, retail, technology, media, pharma and healthcare. As part of a team, he or she will interact frequently with Morgan Stanley Research analysts, many of whom are leaders in investment research. While this role’s main focus is North America, many research topics are global in nature. The position offers an exciting and highly stimulating work environment.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm with a world-class reputation. The talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together we share a common set of values embedded in integrity, excellence and strong ethics. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
• Analytical mind-set and skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to quickly find relationships and identify patterns in large datasets, and see business/investment implications of research findings
• Good understanding of stock market and investing
• 2nd language and/or knowledge of international markets is a plus
• Able to work independently
• Strong work ethic
• Extremely detail-oriented with high quality standards
• 3-5 years of experience in quantitative market research – preferably with a management consulting company, a reputable market research company, or a data-driven corporation
• Experience in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is a must
• Hands-on experience in survey design and report writing is a must
• Strong knowledge of statistical concepts and experience in applying statistical analysis is a must
• Experience in forecasting, modeling, data science, “big data” analytics is a strong plus
• Experience with social media monitoring and web analytics is a strong plus
• Exposure to a variety of research methodologies (e.g. online, phone, face-to-face, quantitative, qualitative), target populations (e.g. consumer, physician, B2B), types of business decisions (e.g. market sizing, demand forecast, segmentation, new product development), or industry verticals (e.g. CPG, Retail, Media, Technology, or Pharma and HealthCare) is a plus
• Familiarity with statistical or crosstabulation software application (e.g. SPSS, SAS, MarketSight)
• Familiarity with programming and fielding online surveys using softwares such as Confirmit, Vovici, SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, etc.
• Exposure to investment research (sell-side or buy-side) is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field of study (e.g. economics, market research, statistics) with strong academic performance
Morgan Stanley - 8 months ago
One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates...