Research Analyst - New York
A highly successful research company providing data and information to the financial industry based in New York City is seeking a Research Analyst.
We are an established company with a leading brand with a growing presence in New York. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a foothold in the Finance Industry with all the benefits of joining a small and friendly team but with the backing of a strong established brand and a successful company in London.
You will receive mentoring and training from a Senior Research Analyst who will be on secondment from our London office. This will be an exciting opportunity to take part in the formation of a new team and function in our New York office and will provide valuable resume experience. Although this is initially a temporary opportunity we are a growing company and there is the possibility of this role becoming permanent.
Our Research Analysts are responsible for maintaining accurate and extensive intelligence on companies, investors and service providers within the Alternative Assets industry.
The focus of a Research Analyst is on :
The work is independently focussed and you will need to meet agreed targets, but you will also need to work on a team basis.
- Calling investment professionals to obtaining reliable information on finance events and investment plans.
- Obtaining information via emails and other web research.
- U pdating our online databases with key financial information, statistics and analysis.
Highly motivated with excellent communication skills (both spoken and written English).
- A graduate with a minimum GPA 2.5
- Confidence to call investment professionals to gain finance information.
- Strong analytical orientation that means you are comfortable working with numerical data.
- Patience and the focus to update a number of profiles.
- A keen eye for detail to ensure the accuracy and quality of the information that you gather.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work independently within a highly focussed, supportive and friendly team.
- Knowledge or experience of the financial industry and an ability to learn quickly will be important.
- Any experience in a role where making telephone calls is important would be a distinct advantage.
- $40,000 USD per annum with a bonus potential of $2,000 per annum
- Valuable resume experience with opportunity to gain experience and knowledge of the Alternative Assets industry.
- Opportunity to work in a motivated and supportive environment with a high performance culture in a small and friendly company.