Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Research Analyst will participate in research and project support activities related to the evaluation of the Campaign for Better Care (“The Campaign”). The Campaign is a national program funded by the Atlantic Philanthropies to mobilize and engage consumers in a wide range of projects to assure that the voices and perspectives of many of America’s most vulnerable populations are recognized and fully integrated as system reform and health care redesign efforts are implemented throughout the country.
This evaluation of the Campaign will document the three major initiatives funded under this project, assess whether consumer mobilization impacts health system redesign and health outcomes and determine how similar models might be adopted and adapted by others to achieve model sustainability. Multiple methods for collecting formative (regarding progress and early outcomes) and summative (longer term outcomes and final lessons learned) information will be incorporated. The primary responsibility of this position is to contribute significantly to the overall design of studies, developing research protocols, conducting literature reviews, developing data collection tools, coordinating and participating in field work, conducting complex, in-depth analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, and preparing written reports, policy briefs and presentations.
• BA/BS degree in a public health field and three-four years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with SAS, Stata or SPSS and hands-on data analysis
• Knowledge of social science research & evaluation design (qualitative and quantitative)
• Experience coordinating data collection for research projects
• Well-organized; able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong interpersonal and managerial skills; communicates effectively.
• Experience working on multiple simultaneous projects with competing deadlines
• Knowledge of health care financing, health insurance and health issues facing low income, elderly and other underserved communities
• Experience with hands-on data analysis
• Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills
Physical Demands: requires sitting; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Master’s degree in public health, public policy, social science-related field
• Ability to travel to sites throughout California
• Experience creating/administering online surveys
• Experience with electronic graphics programs
University of California San Francisco - 18 months ago