William Blair is recruiting for a Research Analyst in the International Energy Sector. |
- Perform fundamental analysis on industry sectors to provide a frame of reference for investing in industries or market sectors and related sub-sectors.
- Identify and recommend new investment ideas that are suitable for IM clients to assist portfolio managers in generating capital gains. Continue to analyze and monitor developments that impact portfolio holdings for which the analyst is responsible.
- Proactively, clearly, and concisely communicate investment recommendations to portfolio managers and other analysts.
- Develop and maintain research relationships including company managements, industry contacts, and research vendors (brokers and analysts).
- Make field trips, interview company executives, and attend industry conferences to stay abreast of changes in company fundamentals and industry trends.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and finance
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA, and/or CPA preferred
- MBA or a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Effectively prioritize time and manage multiple tasks as prices change and issues arise
- Ability to analyze/model financial metrics, business strategies, and valuation parameters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service orientation, responds to requests in a timely manner
- Works well as a member of industry or portfolio teams
- Strong organizational skills