NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a qualified Research Analyst to support the Health Care Department. This position is responsible for performing complex operational tasks on several federal projects on new initiatives related to the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Activities will include researching, formalizing and helping implement processes to be followed by states and health plans participating in new initiatives, supporting the review of documents created by health plans and providers, and supporting the delivery of technical assistance to states and other Medicaid stakeholders. Traditional research tasks such as literature reviews; planning and conduct of primary data collection activities; statistical analyses of primary and secondary data; and preparation of reports, memos, tables and graphs may also be required.
- Perform operations and management-related tasks for new Medicaid initiatives
- Provide technical and logistical support on work involving project design, data collection, data processing, and analysis and report or paper writing on assignments of moderate complexity
- Prepare literature reviews, written descriptions of data collection methodologies and procedures. Assist in design of questionnaires and data collection forms
- Develop data charts and tables for presentations and may give presentations at professional meetings
- Prepare/draft deliverables, including monthly or annual progress reports, documentation, questionnaires, and OMB clearance packages under guidance from senior staff
- Assist with overall analysis on specific items of survey or research analysis
- Develop project materials, such as report outlines, visual exhibits for reports, and serving as an editor for deliverables
- Under the direction of senior staff, support the development of new business by conducting background research on programs, award history, and agency goals and objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree with emphasis on social science or behavioral science
- Strong interest in new initiatives related to Medicaid and other federal health care programs
- Strong problem solving, project management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- At least 1 year experience with increasing knowledge in survey research, data collection, analytic techniques in policy analysis
- Solid technical writing skills
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software
- Occasional travel for site visits and meetings
To review the benefits associated with this position, click here .
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
National Opinion Research Center (NORC) - 16 months ago