Introducing Optum Labs! Partnering with Mayo Clinic.
Optum Labs is a new organization in Optum that has an altruistic mission to make claims data and other data available to academic and non-commercial researchers. We're also bringing in data from other sources to help conduct this research for the public good.
The Research Analyst in Optum Labs will work on a variety of health care research projects. This employee will create project specifications, data sets, data verification, descriptive and multivariate statistical analysis, and create tables for final reports. The Research Analyst will participate in research infrastructure projects, act as a statistical consultant for the researchers, participate in the evaluation and training of new analytical tools, and insure data quality and appropriate data use. There will also be opportunities to contribute to the intellectual design and interpretation of research projects. Work is conducted in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary, academic partnership environment which requires appreciation of diversity of perspectives and good communication skills.
Analysis for research studies (85%) may include (but are not limited to):
Infrastructure projects (10%) may include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for creating specification, data sets, data dictionaries, and data verification
- Responsible for data consulting, system enhancement, standards development, and project management
- Executing descriptive and statistical analysis
- Creating tables and reports
- Programming economic models
- Working closely with Researchers to identify data issues and solutions to the issues.
- Complete project analysis documentation according to department standards
- Work within budgeted project hours and report progress back to project manager
Documentation and training (5%) may include (but are not limited to):
- Developing / maintaining standard programs for the department standard library with focus on analytic programs
- Monitoring new data being incorporated into the Optum Labs Data Warehouse and understanding how to use the new data for project development and analysis
- Contributing to the development of other department tools and information systems
- Participation in maintenance of project reference materials and review with new employees
OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S, one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required
- A Master's or Doctoral Degree in Biostatistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Theoretical Physics, Quantitative Social Sciences, Statistics, Information Systems, Technical certification in programming, data processing, or relevant experience is highly preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of SQL or big data mainframe programming experience required
- A minimum of 1 year experience managed care/health care/ pharmaceutical claims data desired
- Competent to convert research protocol to programming specification logically and meaningfully
- Good writing skills
- Must be able to execute multi-step data management tasks, recognize technical problems and solve with some supervision
- Must be able to perform most tasks with modest supervision
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at OptumInsight, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: research analyst, SAS, SQL, programming, managed care, health care, healthcare, pharmaceutical, claims data, statistical analysis
UnitedHealth Group - 15 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...