Research Analyst RE-POSTED
Fond du Lac
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Academic or Year Round
$51,555 – 77,320
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Research Analyst at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible for constructing reports and retrieving data to support college-wide decision-making. This position develops, generates, analyzes, interprets and disseminates institutional data for use in planning and evaluation of institutional effectiveness. This position works 247 days per year and reports to the Business Intelligence and Information Systems Partner.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Construct reports and retrieve accurate data from the College’s Banner database, Banner Operational Data Store ( ODS ) and Enterprise Data Warehouse ( EDW ) using Cognos, including maintaining the requests. Develop and maintain accessible data cubes and reports for use College-wide. Formulate and incorporate statistical analysis and business analytics are required.
2. Validate data and manage data integrity issues and resolutions. Analyze systems data to identify errors and inconsistencies. Analyze data and recognize process improvements which affect data integrity. Validate and confirm data integrity after Banner, ODS , and EDW upgrades.
3. Support the Institutional Research team activities by developing and maintaining documentation including the Report Library and associated documentation, such as report specifications. Validate information and assure data is credible in identifying institutional and market trends, including demographics, occupational information, and other requirements.
4. Assist in maintaining and submitting required state reporting (client reporting, contract reporting etc.) for the College, including submission and correction of assigned State reporting data in accordance with State guidelines.
5. Analyze data and write reports and summaries from the data; presenting data to constituents, discussing implications, and establishing action items. Work with departments to define needs for new data warehouse development to support reporting and data analysis.
6. Assist with surveys or reports mandated or requested by the WTCS Office, external agencies, and internal staff, adhering to the established guidelines.
7. Work collaboratively with College staff to maintain timely and accurate Institutional Research. Assist with data reporting and research projects as assigned.
8. Document research methodologies and develop training materials to support Institutional Research and Business Intelligence.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Statistical Computer Programming or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
2. Four years directly related experience in data collection, data and statistical analysis, data mining, reporting, planning, institutional research and continuous improvement.
3. Experience with enterprise software such as Banner, Datatel, PeopleSoft; Banner experience preferred.
4. Demonstrated ability to use a variety of software tools, including SQL , to extract, analyze and report on data from multiple data sources. Cognos and data modeling experience preferred.
5. Skill and experience in collecting, verifying and working with research data.
6. Proficiency with MS Office and statistical software packages.
7. Experience researching and compiling IPEDS and other state and federal reports. Experience researching and compiling WTCS State Office reports preferred.
8. Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of internal and external customers.
10. Ability to work in a team-based, highly participative environment. Experience leading and facilitating project/work teams.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Moraine Park Technical College - 23 months ago