The Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy at Salve Regina University is a multidisciplinary research center examining issues at the intersection of politics, policies, and ideas. Dedicated to honoring the legacy of former Senator Claiborne Pell, the center promotes internationalism abroad, effective government at home, and civic engagement across the country.
Key to the center’s mission is Senator Pell’s credo of translating ideas into action to help people.
The Pell Center pursues this mission with three inter-connected efforts: research, events, and community engagement.
Research assistants and research analysts are the backbone of the Pell Center, providing support to fellows and senior staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Research Assistants/Research Analysts will:
• Support Senior Fellows and staff with research, writing, and editing on public policy or international relations issues.
• Assist with the development and execution of public events at the Pell Center.
• Provide general office support.
• Contribute to—as well as help maintain—the Pell Center blog.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Pell Center is a team-oriented organization, and the Research Assistant/Research Analyst will be expected to contribute to every aspect of the center’s work, including events, planning, community engagement, and other tasks as may be defined by center staff.
Candidates should possess:
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic field.
• Knowledge of MS Office software required.
• A demonstrated interest in and familiarity with public policy or international relations.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• A desire to be part of a dynamic, high-energy initiative that will blend cutting edge-communications techniques with a substantive approach to policy issues.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including: health and dental coverage, life insurance, long-term disability, 403B plan, tuition benefits and more.
Salve Regina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Along with your online application, please upload your resume, cover letter and a writing sample.
Salve Regina University - 12 months ago