The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Research Assistant (RA)/Senior Research Assistant (SRA) for a one-year, fixed-term, exempt, renewable appointment in its Markets, Trade and Institutions Division. The RA/SRA will work the team of the global program of Institutions and Infrastructure for Market Development (GRP23), and will assist them on detail data analysis, field work, research papers, books, and presentations in different research projects related to Institutions and Infrastructure for development. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC and will involve travel to sub-Saharan Africa. Final title and grade will be based on education and experience.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with field work and data collection, data cleaning, statistical analysis, and econometric analysis.
• Assisting in drafting papers/reports.
• Performing literature reviews.
• Other relevant job duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, International Economics, Agricultural Economics or a closely related field.
1. At the Senior Research Assistant level, Master’s degree in above fields is required.
• Significant skills in programming in STATA and in managing household databases.
• Significant experience with quantitative research methods and data analysis of large household databases.
• Excellent writing and analytical skills.
• Excellent econometric skills on cross-section and panel data analysis.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work independently and with initiative, with colleagues from diverse cultures.
• Strong background in microeconomics and econometrics.
• Familiarity with Africa.
IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute) - 20 months ago